Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fifth Question of the Week


Below is the fifth question of the week. Answer the question in a reply to this message. Include your name in the reply.  Your answer must be six to eight sentences long. It must be completed by 2pm on Tuesday, October 25.

------------------------------------------------------

How has your writing process changed this semester?  How do you want it to continue to change?

18 comments:

  1. During this semester I think my writing has improved dramatically. I now make sure I reread everything I write. I realized that my grammar and spelling seems to be improving. I can say that my sentences are also improving. I also can say that I do not use as many run on sentences. Writing is something that you need to put alot of time into.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. My writing process changed in many ways so far over the past months. I am starting to realize how to write like a college student. Learning all these new techniques and strategies how to format a essay are very helpful. I am more concentrated on entertaining my readers making sure they understand my piece of writing the same way i do. I plan on continuing this learning process because it will be a great help for my future writing classes and it will make me a better writer.

    Paul Ojugo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i take a lot more consideration into what i write now. it is something i am going to continue to do as well as re read my papers more then once. also i plan on having other people read them before i hand anything in to get an outsiders piont of view.
    - Jackie Nemeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. My writing process has changed a lot over this semester so far. I take more time to look and reread my writing because I know that there will be something that I can change and make better. I also use more prewriting processes and it helps with the planning out of my writing. I would like for it to keep changing with learning more techniques. And to learn about how to improve my grammar errors. I know I will be spending more time on writing now that I am more confident in my writing ability.

    -Michele Gianni

    ReplyDelete
  5. My writing process has changed drastically during this semester. I now proof read my papers multiple times and I write more drafts before the final. Before this semester I wrote very few drafts. I also know how to write with more detail. I also know how to write so the audience fully understands what I am writing. I would like to improve my writing so that I could be more organized. As of right now my writing is disorganized and I would like to change that.

    Nick Quinteros

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that my writing has changed dramatically this semester. I'm able to explain more clearly to my audience and back it up with information. But i still need to proofread. I am still committing the same errors as i don't proofread and i don't look at my misspelling. I must proofread and see the words that i misspelled. I also must pay attention more to the rules of the assignment. I hope this will change in time.

    -Alex Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  7. My writing has improved this semester. I used to write simple and straiht to the point, now I use more detail to fully explain my point. I also focus on completing the assignment exactly as given. I find it hard to write more than one draft before handing in an assignment. I would like to be able to write more than one draft and continue to buil on my work.

    Julie De Micco

    ReplyDelete
  8. My writing process has changed a lot this first semester of college. For one thing, I used to not prewrite or think through the essays I would write. Now I think over everything and then write because I realized that my sentences are sometimes unorganized. High school writing is not the same as the writing I have been doing this semester. College writing is more complex and needs more work and time involved. I think my writing overall is getting stronger as the year progresses and I would it to keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My writing process changed for the better. My old process was not all bad, but it was not exactly all good or fool proof. I would never really plan my ideas or my organization. I would just read what I was supposed to do then dive into writing and come up with ideas as I go along and just fix things after. Now, I plan out my structure and organize my ideas so I don't just wing it anymore. I want my writing process to stay pretty much how it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my writing process has changed in numerous ways. I used to put alot of stock into what i was saying without properly backing up many claims i had. I learned how to take what was important in a text and utilize it in my writing. This is an essential part to writing a good paper, or at least a passable one. Another thing i learned about writing is that there is no boundaries to writing a paper. Opinions, and Factual information is reserved for certain topics, but there is no limit as to how much opinion or factual information is in a topic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My writing process truly isn't that intrinsic. Whenever I begin a piece I look at the requirements and my rough draft consists or just writing the piece from raw ideas in my mind. I usually generate this paper based on my own personal experience, opinions, and raw emotion. After this I write a second draft which incorporate the information to support what I believe. Then toward the deadline paper I include opinions from other peers in order to know what will truly reel in the audience and all these aspects together form my papers. If there is anything I would like to change it would be the second draft of my processes where I include my supporting details. My weakness is my incorporation of the supporting details. In order to better this I need to elaborate my citing skills and how to make it make sense.

    Nicole Pires

    ReplyDelete
  12. My writing has changed in many ways this semester. All the prep work and assignments given to us has helped me practice different techniques I've learned through out the course. I have become a better researcher and used the technique called hotspotting which helped me develop many ideas instead of one. Also, I've improved to be more organized with my work and state all my information clearly. I would like for it to continue to change by learning more faster and easier techniques to write. Techniques that would improve my writing in many different ways.
    Erika Tapia

    ReplyDelete
  13. my writing has changed over the simester by a lot. I think its more of college level writing rather then high school writing. I am making sure that I dont have any errors in my sentences more then I used to. I have also been able to expand a lot more on what I say rather then giving one or two sentence answers. The effort that I try to put into my work has also greatly improved. I am putting every bit of detail as possible into my work so that it is the best it can be. I want it to continue to change so that I can write the draft quickly so that I can spend more time reviewing the paper and correcting and added what needs to be done.

    Ryan Firestine

    ReplyDelete
  14. My writing process has definitely change over the course of this semester. I had a poor writing skill but now, when I read through what I have written,I feel satisfied. I now incorporate the different writing stages(prewriting,composing,revising,editing and releasing) that I have learned so far in my writing.I no longer hurry over my writing process. I take my time; writing series of drafts that would help me in writing the final essay.Lastly, I work through the process of revision; making sure that I dot all my "I"s and cross all my "T"s. In order to continue in this change process, I will continually play by the rules of writing and I will take note of my errors so that I won't make the same mistakes in subsequent writings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. At the start of the year my writing was very unorganized. I also used to reword sentances twice in the same paragraph because I was unsure that I got my point across the first time. Now, I have used the writing methods learned in class to help. Chunking has helped me organize my papers better and workshops have helped me know what to do to my paper to improve it based on my group members opinions. I see myself getting better with my writing so I am going to continue using the writing methods so that my worrk stays organized and clear.

    -Nicole Gameiro

    ReplyDelete
  16. Compared to other semesters, my writing has changed a whole lot. Within this semester though, I have not changed my writing style or any of the techniques or methods that I use except for trying to make my introduction and conclusion more catchy. I'm not sure what it is, but this semester of writing, I have stepped it up and have started writing a lot better than I used to in my previous writing classes. I think it is because I now care more about writing and the grade that I get compared to before, where I just wanted to get the work over and done with and write anything as long as I meet the minimum word count requirement. I hope to add more variety to my writing ability this semester by taking in other techniques and methods of writing. Hopefully, I can learn a lot of them and expand my writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like my writing has changed a lot. I was never a very good writer and I feel as if this semester I am learning a lot and putting more effort into what I am writing. I put more thought and more work into my papers now. I also do more drafts than I have in the past and I feel they are helping mt wring dramatically. I used to only write one draft and hope it was good. Now I make sure it is before I hand it in. I want my writing to sound more professional and less conversational. I feek as if a lot of my writing sounds a little childish and less mature. I want to improve on that in this second half of the semester.


    Gina Pappianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. throughout this semester I think my writing has said the same for the most part. Although my work has been fairly similar I do believe some of the assignments we have done, such as hot spotting, made my work a little more informational or descriptive. I hope to have better punctuation and grammar throughout the rest of the semester. I would like to grow as a writer rather then be stuck in a middle area.

    Ashley Sosa

    ReplyDelete