Below is the sixth question of the week. Answer the question in a reply to this message. Include your name in the reply. Your answer must be six to eight sentences long. It must be completed by 8:00am on Friday, November 4.
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
How, if at all, has your attitude toward and approach to revising changed over the semester? They do not need to have changed much (or any) to get credit for this prompt.
in my revising i have learned to take my time, and better proof read before hanging things in. i realize know what i need to change in my papers and writing before even having to revise it, but there are alwasys little errors that need fixing.
ReplyDelete- Jackie Nemeth
I think my revising has changed for the better. Usually I only write one draft but now I'm writing more than one and I see my writing getting better. I'm fixing more mistakes than I would have . Also I see myself taking out useless things in my papers and adding more things that actually go with my topic.
ReplyDelete- Cristina Marciano
My attitude toward revising remains the same. I have always thought that revising was one of the most important steps in the writing process and I was reassured of that while taking this course. My approach, however, is different. Before taking this course I would simply read over my work. I learned that that is not always the best way to revise. There are many different things one can do to help "fix" the paper and re-reading is not one of them.
ReplyDeleteI think my approach to my prompts has changed a tad bit. In past situations I usually am ever rushed and just want to get the revised pieces over with. But, I have learned how important revisions are and that I need to find the patience to better my writing. Sometimes when I first write a piece I just put all of my opinions and thoughts on paper so by the time it needs to be revised there is definite work to do.
ReplyDeleteMy attitude towards revising my work has really changed. Before, I felt revising was a waste of time. I would not give a listening ear if I were asked to revise my work, but now I see the essence of doing it.I revise my work without any grudge, knowing that I will get a good grade for a job well done.It has becoming part of my writing process and my work will be incomplete without it.Am glad that I learned the importance of revising.
ReplyDeleteI never wrote more then one draft for any writing assignment. Any revisions I did to my work was minor and never changed the original document. It took me half the semester to realize how important revising your work is. I now write multiple drafts until I feel my work is perfect. I understand that when you go back and rewrite it helps you to build off your original ideas.
ReplyDeleteJulie De Micco
My attitude has changed for the better towards revising. I never really fully revised my papers only skimmed through them. But this semester has taught me that when you think you final draft is done there is always more to revise and edit. I now take my time revising and write more than one draft to each assignment. This semester also made me realize that there is always something you can add or take out to make the writing piece stronger. I will always revise my papers now for the future.
ReplyDeleteMichele Gianni
Throughout this semester, my attitude has changed for the better when it comes to revising papers. Throughout the class, you have assigned us to do assignments that you would later on send it back to us with comments. I think by that, i was able to revise my papers often. Having to read the comments you left me in my paper has allowed be to revise my papers more since I'm already aware of the kind of mistakes i do. Now when writing a paper, i can revise as many times until i know whats right.
ReplyDeleteErika Tapia
Mu attitude changed from revising essays and doing prep work alot, because i revise my work in a different way. I make sure that my work isnt really missing the little things necessary to make a good paper. I found out that i would focus on the big parts of writing and leave the little parts out. I am still learning how to write more better and revise more. I could really feel my self geting better in it too.
ReplyDeletePaul Ojugo
My attitude toward revising has definetly changed. Before I would not revise my paper that well. I would just look for some minor spelling or grammar errors and change it. Then I would just hand it in without looking at it again. Now I take the time to go over grammar, spelling and the actual writing itself. Now I look to see if I can fix or change the way I said something to make it better or see if I can better organize it. Overall, my attitude toward revising has changed in that I understand it more and make better use out of it.
ReplyDeleteThe attitude that I have towards revising my papers has changed a lot during this semester. Now that I understand more thoroughly that any essay can continue to be changed and molded, I see the need to revise much more than I used to. Instead of dreading to revise my papers, I see it as a chance to better myself and my own work. I used to add extra sentences to my work in previous classes. Now, I cut things out of my paper and add new, better things. I also try to find ways to make the paper flow much easier throughout the different paragraphs instead of just shooting from one topic or subject to the next.
ReplyDeleteMy revising techniques have changed some this semester. I have learned it is best to have others revise first and then revise it myself. This catches as many mistakes as possible and it allows me to hand in a better paper. Now I can reseave a better grade as well as learn to fix specific mistakes.
ReplyDelete-Ashley Sosa
My revising has improved greatly over the semester in my opinion. I now write more than one draft and as I come closer to the final draft I am able to include more ideas and catch more mistakes than I would have before. I know how to encorporate feedback given from others who read what I am writing better as well.
ReplyDelete-Randy Shumpert
Revising has never really been something I’ve done before this class because I usually got away with the small mistakes that now I can’t get away with. Revising has become a lot more important because grading is done harder than high school. So I have a much better appreciation for revising because it helps me get better grades then I normally would if I haven’t revised. I became to like it because of the better grades I was getting.
ReplyDeleteRevising papers is something that I always did. Since I started writing essays and papers I always had rough drafts. The only thing that changed was the amount of revisions I made. Before this semester I only revised my paper one or twice. Now I make more than three revisions per assignment. I think my grades have improved after I learned how to revise papers. I can now fix my mistakes before I give in an assignment.
ReplyDeleteNick Quinteros
I think altogether, my outlook on revision have changed drasically. I normally would never revise and just hand papers in as-is. Now I normally make amny drafts before handing a paper in. I am now realizing how vital it is to check over work because there are many mistakes that I dont catch all the time that I'd get points taken off otherwise. I feel more confident after I look over my work and find errors that I can fix before I had in the final draft. I never had this way of tinking. There are always ways I can improve my writing.
ReplyDeleteGina Pappianne