Below is the fourth question of the week. Answer the question in a reply to this message. Include your name in the reply. Your answer must be six to eight sentences long. It must be completed by 12 noon on Friday, October 14.
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
How, if at all, has your process for writing the argument essay differed from your process for writing the summary/response? Talk specifically about parts of your process that did not occur during class.
While writing the argument I am using a little different process then I used when I wrote the sum./res. I am asking myself more questions because I need to know what are the most significant ideas so it can be conveyed to the audience clearly. Also with the sum./res. it was more major ideas and now the argument is what you actually want to say. The process is more research based outlining, rather than an actual writing peice based off a text. The process that I am taking to write the arugment has many more steps than any other essay. There needs to be more ideas and examples to back up what you want to persuade people to help with or to do.
ReplyDeleteMichele Gianni
The way i wrote the summary/response and the way im doing my arguement are totally different. With my arguement i am using more college preping to get it done, like search engines and really over thinking what im writing and if the readers would understand what my arguement is really about. On my summary/response i didnt realize what kind of preping i had to do to hand in a good essay but now i realize i really have to over look every thing i write because theirs a certain audience im writing too.
ReplyDeletePaul Ojugo
The summary/response took a whole different approach compared to the argument. The argument needs to be researched and thought through more so then the summary/response. For instance, I am doing research for the argument where the summary/response didn't need that. Also the argument needed to be stronger and have opinions in it. I needed to go deeper into the topic and actually learn about it rather then reading something and just summarizing it. I didn't need to know much about what I was reading for the summary/response, so the main thing that was different was that you actually had to know facts about the argument topic. This process was a lot more complicated and in depth as to the summary/response.
ReplyDeletethe agrument takes a lot more preparation. you must think out, and take time to reserach everything before you write it down on paper. compared to a summary response with basic knowledge of a reading and opinion, an argument paper is based mostly on facts of what it is talking about. - Jackie Nemeth
ReplyDeleteWriting my summary/response was different from my argument. For the summary/response, I didn't really have to research anything. Since it was a summary, I just had to find a different way to say something that someone else wrote. With the argument, it is more me. It is most of my voice going into it. Now, I have to research what other people wrote, and incorporate it into my own ideas which is totally different from writing a summary.
ReplyDeleteWriting my argument requires more time and research than the summary/ response. The summary was simple and had one source needed to do that paper. The response was my opinion on the topic of the only source. My argument needs time and researh in order to develop a paper. For this paper I have to plan out everything I am going to do. I need to conduct research and somehow organize my thoughts to debate any opposing opinions.
ReplyDeleteJulie De Micco
I definitely use a different process for different genres of writing. I can't use the same writing process for a persuasive writing that I used in a summary/ response. First of all they are different approaches to writing in the first place and can't be accessed in the same manor. When it comes to summary/ responses I generally read the piece and then take notes. Afterward I work toward including major points. On the other
ReplyDeletehand with a persuasive piece there is opinion which is my favorite part which makes it less difficuly but then there is the supporting research. After writing an opinionated piece I include the research I find in the next draft.
Nicole Pires
First,writing the argument is much more tasking than the summary/response.They differ in so many aspects.For the summary/response,we were required to work on an already written work.Our duty was to summarise the writer's opinion and so our opinions didn't count in the summary. We also didn't have to research because the write-up was already a guide.For the argument,we have to gather our information through research.It's also all about our opinion and our ability to convience our readers to accept our point of view.We are not required to work on an already written work, rather we could make reference to other written works.Last, they differ because there are rules that govern different essay writings.
ReplyDeleteThe way I wrote my argument was different than my summary/response. I had different ways of writing each assignment. For the argument I did more research on the topic so I could be more detailed. As for the summary response I only used the information from what i read. Even though i used different methods for writing the assignments they were both written with the audience in mind. I made sure that I was detailed so that the audience would understand exactly what I was trying to say.
ReplyDeleteNick Quinteros
writing the argument essay was completely different from writing the summary/response. For the argument essay i was able to do more research and write more information down for my topic. As for the summary/response, I had to work with what I had. I could only use the information that was on the packet. Writing the argument essay was easier because i was able to find more information and explain my topic more clearly. For the summary/response, it was about reading what was on there and writing the main idea.
ReplyDelete- Alex Burgos
I have noticed a small difference from when I wrote my summary/response and now with my argument. My writing style has remained the same. The main difference is the amount of research and time that goes into the writing. For the summary/response, it took less time to write it. The argument requires more research and definitely a lot more time. Other than that, not much is different.
ReplyDeleteThe only difference between the way I worked on my summary/response and my argument was that for the argument, I am actually doing some research. Other than that, there are no other differences. I still try to see all sides to a topic and use my knowledge to write to the best of my abilities. I am satisfied with the way that I handle my written work and I will continue to do it in the same manner. I like to do as much as I can to make my work the best I can make it. I think that this argument will be much more interesting though since I am writing about a standpoint that I am completely for. I think it will be more fun that the summary/response because I will actually get to put in all of my own ideas while using supporting evidence from other writers.
ReplyDeleteIn writing my summary/response I had to read and intro to a novel and summarize it, then explain the main points. All the information i needed was either from my own thoughts or from the intro. There was no extra research needed. In writing my argument, I there wasn't just one source of information, I had to look up many. For both, I still had to put my own opinion. The difference is the information for the summary/response was right there for me, and the information for the argument, I had to go out and find myself.
ReplyDeleteGina Pappianne
When writing for the argument, its clear its somewhat similiar to the summary/response, but its still very different. I try to keep my information as accurate as possible with the argument. Researching is a big part of this as well. Looking at the bill is one thing, but unless you go to the roots of it, it wont be a strong essay. I also have to focus on more then just one or two points. For the argument, you need to use as much information as possible to make sure that you get your points down. Also, now with the arguments there are counterclaims to deal with. So you have to try and turn the other side over to your side, which will require more ways to try and convince then to agree with what your debating about.
ReplyDeleteRyan Firestine
When writing my summary/response and argument, I use two different methods. For the argument, I had to research the topic so that I could use specific details so I would be able to get my point across to the audience.For the summary/response, I used what I knew and read about the topic. The only thing that is similar between the two is that I put my opinion into both sets of writing.
ReplyDelete-Nicole Gameiro