Below is the first question of the week. Answer the question in a reply to this message. Include your name in the reply. Your answer must be six to eight sentences long. It must be completed by 1:30pm on Tuesday, September 20.
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
Tell us about the strengths and weaknesses of your summary/response assignment (as it is on the day you answer this question). What kinds of revisions do you still expect to make, and why?
My strengths on the summary response assignment are the point that I end up making in my answer. But even though I consider them my strengths, I sometimes think they are a weakness too because I do not properly order them. Also, I tend to restate thing i havee said earlier in the response too. I expect to make a bunch of revisions. Some of them would be organization of my writing because I know I can be all over the place at times and also spelling because I know I am a horrible speller. Grammar would probably also need fixing too.
ReplyDeleteNicole Gameiro
Some of my strengths of the Summary/Response assignment are that I am very well organized. Also I have well thoughtout ideas that sum up the main points of the story. My weaknesses are that I need more stronger explanations in my response and other examples to write in it. Other revisions that I still have to make are grammatical errors. Also I should expand my vocabulary throughout the entire thing. Doing these revisions it will help me in writing the best possible piece that I could have written for this assignment.
ReplyDeleteMichele Gianni
Some of my strengths of the assignment are that my details are very simple. They are very easy for the reader to understand. I'm also very organized with my details. My weaknesses are that I don't go in depth with my details. I only skim the surface of what I'm talking about. I expect to make revisions with the amount of detail I put on paper. I probably have a few grammatical errors as well.
ReplyDeleteNick Quinteros
A strength of my paper is that I sum up pretty much all of the main ideas and facts of the essay. Also I am good at using my own words and not quoting. A weakness is that I don't know how to make the facts and ideas of the essay flow. I just list a bunch of the main ideas without really stringing them together. I expect to revise my grammar and spelling and am still looking for a way to organize my paper better.
ReplyDeleteI think my summary/response obviously isn't the best paper out there but I do believe it is well written. I expected some negative feedback from it but that just makes it better. I know i had some grammatically incorrect sentences and some things that i probably could have taken out.
ReplyDeleteAshley Sosa
The strengths in my summary and response assignment is that i organized the summarize in the same way the article does it. i summed up all the main points in the story and explained them well. The weakness in my summary/response is that my response does not focus on one main idea but more than one. I expect to make more revisions on my paper because i feel as if its not complete. I need someone who is willing to work with me and tell me what i left out and what is wrong.
ReplyDeleteErika Tapia
One of my strenghts in the summary response was my organization and flow of the paper. I feel the question was answered. As far as revisions, I need to check grammar. Although my paper answers the question, I think that I could use more details and explanations.
ReplyDeleteJulie De Micco
While completing my assignment I have noticed many strengths and weaknesses in my writing. I feel that I explain my topic extremely well. I can absolutely use a little more detail. One of my weaknesses are gramamr and spelling. To improve my summary/response I will reread and correct all grammar mistakes that I made. I will put alot of timeand effort into my writing.
ReplyDeleteFrank De Bari
The strenght of my summmary/response is my ability to tell the story well and my organization.My weakness lies in using the present tense effectively.I find it challenging, when am required to use the present tense.My other weakness is,putting in a lot of infomation.I feel the reader wont get my point, when i cut it short.I will cut my sentences short and remove irrelevant information because its a summary,not a full eassy.
ReplyDeleteNonyelum C Okpala